Virtual Teacher's Day 2020 - 'Mourning Becomes Electra'


Virtual Teacher's Day

 

 2020

 


Welcome Readers,


✨In pursuit of making this awkward academic year to an artistic academic year....! ✨


                          'All we have is Now' to make anything creative, unconventional and visionary! Department of English, M K Bhavnagar University under the guidance of Dr Dilip Barad Sir has celebrated this Teacher’s Day programme following government protocols on social distancing.


                                   In these challenging times, became our role models for a few minutes to learn and face the 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴. Of course, it wasn't easy but it was truly interesting! As I had observed and learnt till now that a Teacher's job is not only to deliver content and examine papers but a teacher of the postmodern world demands to be a 𝗽𝗼𝗹𝘆𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗵. The teaching profession demands 𝘁𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗹𝗲𝗱𝗴𝗲 and 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗮𝗽𝗮𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀, 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗿𝗲 students and 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝘀, face the challenges and emerge with something new, and try to be self- critical and what not…! So here we tried to take an opportunity to be a teacher and plan out the lessons or the outlines for teaching at this time virtually in minimum time. 


Here is the promotional video which provides the glimpse of how we thought to celebrate this Teacher's day- 




Feel open to visit the below-mentioned site to watch all live streaming videos



I am glad to share with you my video on the premises of Eugene O'Neill's most ambitious play- 


'MOURNING BECOMES ELECTRA'- 


A GREEK TRAGEDY SET IN MODERN MILIEU

  

The link of the video is attached here, have a watch for 8 minutes and don't forget to appear in the quiz.

 




Check your understanding by appearing in the quiz and earn a good certificate. 


Click here to appear in the quiz. 



Here is the sample of the certificate wherein you will find your score of the test along with timestamp (the date and time when you appeared in test)



I found many 'views' of my video shared by Dr Dilip Barad Sir on Facebook and YouTube. 


or you can see it attached below

   
 (This is the live updates of the data. This chart is prepared in accordance with the streaming videos. Have a look at them as attached below)

The live streaming on YouTube-


The live streaming on Facebook-


 



  Here is my experience-

This Teacher’s Day brought a novel and techno-savvy learning experience. This time like every teacher’s day, I not only focused on content delivery and quiz but also tried to prepare a video lecture with presentation and both progressing simultaneously, along with using a red pencil with the mouse as a pointer to write and tick mark what I am explaining so that I try my best to hold the focus of viewers and they don’t have to make themselves busy in reading the content from the slides while I am explaining. 

The content was designed in a manner that reflected the premises of ‘Mourning becomes Electra’, as the viewers shall be aware of the text but what after reading the text? The video reflected on the concepts which are applied in the text and how it can be justified were the highlights of the video. Introducing the writer with the viewers, the video lecture also reflected some insights on the critics’ observations about the text. 

Last year, I had made the quiz on Kahoot as I was teaching in a physical classroom by this time as we had celebrated it virtually, I had prepared quiz in google forms. The quiz contained 8 questions each of two marks regarding the concept that was discussed in the video lecture. Additionally, I had learnt how to auto-generate a certificate from our Sir and implemented my learning by practically creating an autogenerated certificate wherein the name, institute and score is reflected in the certificate. The respondents can watch the video once again by taping the link attached in the google form and after watching twice, they can appear. 

To know whether the respondents have received the certificates via mail or not, a setting was made in such a way that a carbon copy of the mail is delivered to my email address also. I had shared the links of online streaming videos along with the link of the quiz to all my contacts in WhatsApp and also shared on my Facebook wall. Here is the link- 


 



A day before the celebration of Virtual Teacher’s Day, I had also posted the link of the promotional video which we have created collaboratively.


  


 I really feel that this sharing on social media had reached to maximum audience and so a lot of them were able to watch it live. I am very much thankful to my younger sibling for his support in handling the camera and helping me with editing. I owe so much to him. I am generously very thankful to Dr Dilip Barad Sir for this very innovative opportunity. 

Furthermore, after the event successfully ended, as a leader, it was a privilege for me to design the certificates for all the participants to reward their efforts. Additionally, this was the first time I tried to design the banner. It almost took a day in designing and I really enjoyed this process. 

So right from planning to executing the idea to rewarding all the participants and arranging the separate google meets for all participants at their convenience to communicate and share more efficiently the details regarding the promotional video and designing the script, as well as in communicating time and again via WhatsApp group in executing the plan properly, it was a really very fruitful experience. Here are the screenshots of the google meet-





This COVID 19 changed the way of leading the class, earlier in the pre-COVID world it was easy to discuss with all the members in the classroom itself but this new normal has modified the way of discussion, now to arrange the programme and to pass the key points to be taken into consideration, it became evident to plan and arrange the classroom discussion at virtual platform. 

Feedback

After accomplishing a particular task, it is always necessary that we try to ask people to offer critical elements with their opinions. I had read somewhere on Bill Gates, he used to say-

“We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.”


So, to improve myself, I had shared the link of feedback also wherein I received some worthy comments which I would like to share here in this blog.

Forms response chart. Question title: How satisfactory were 'the content' and 'the questions prepared in the quiz'? . Number of responses: 7 responses.


Forms response chart. Question title: How were the shooting and video quality?. Number of responses: 7 responses.











 Thank you. 



Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post